Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I said:
> The question isn't so much "who has CRs in their data" as "who is trying
> to import data files in which CRs aren't correctly represented as \r" ?
> Not anyone upgrading from a recent PG release ... though 7.1 or before
> would have an issue.

Actually, checking the CVS logs shows that 7.2.1 was the first release
that would emit a data CR or LF as \r or \n rather than literally.  If
Scott is dumping from an original 7.2 installation rather than a dot-
release, that would explain his report.

I talked to Bruce about this on the phone, and we now both feel that
that change was too recent to assume that people won't be trying to load
dumps containing bare CRs into 7.4.  Accordingly, it seems that we do
need to throw an error or at least a warning for mixed newlines.
Eventually we can get rid of that behavior and just treat all newline
sequences alike, but I think we can't do it until 7.2.0 is in the
"ancient history" category.

Сообщение: Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)
Сообщение: Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)