Re: connections problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: connections problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> ivan <iv@psycho.pl> writes:
>>> i need to connect to by my database more then 100 connections,
>>> but after ~20-30 conn, postmaster says me "Resource temporarily
>>> unavailable", what are this resource ?

> ulimit -u = 256 ,
>  it's ok, ?

Mph.  Well, that doesn't seem to be the problem, unless you are starting
a whole lot of other processes besides the backends under the same UID.
(However: are you sure the postmaster has been started with this same
ulimit setting?)

It sounds like some system call is failing with EAGAIN, but it's not
real clear which one.  If you're running 7.4, let's see the verbose form
of the error message (see log_error_verbosity, or set psql's VERBOSITY
variable).  If not, updating to 7.4 might be the easiest way to get more
info.