Re: Connection Problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Connection Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amir Abdollahi <amirabd2130@yahoo.com> writes:
> I'm trying to add audit capability to Postgresql server. When the
> Postgresql server starts up, the server will start audit functions as
> a new subprocess thus the server will have 5 subprocesses instead of 4.

That doesn't sound like it's going to lead to a very well-performing
design, but I digress.

> Problem is that when I tried to connect to server [using libpq interface] I've always get this message:
> "canceling authentication due to timeout",

If you added any locking into the authentication transaction, maybe you
are getting bit by the same bug I just fixed:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=592b615d71caac8a3504276a805a6fd024c40041