Re: PlPython

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PlPython
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gerhard Häring <gh@ghaering.de> writes:
> ... because most rexec problems are because
> of the new-style classes in Python 2.2 and later, I asked on
> comp.lang.python wether it was safe with 2.1 and earlier.

> Martin von L�wis told me it probably wasn't in
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=m3y8ztib79.fsf%40mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de

Hmm.  I don't think the second bug mentioned there applies to us (if our
use of rexec allows the Python code to write any file anywhere, it's
already lost its right to trusted status IMHO).  But the first one looks
like a killer:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5470&atid=105470&func=detail&aid=577530
According to that discussion, this bug does exist in Python 1.5 :-(
... so Hannu's argument rests on a false premise anyway.