Re: Re: Re: Why PostgreSQL is not that popular as MySQL ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Re: Why PostgreSQL is not that popular as MySQL ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@chapelperilous.net> writes:
> On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Matthew wrote:
>> [Matthew]  Would it make sense for postgre to have a mysql
>> compatibility module?  An add on package (perhaps in contrib) that
>> would add many of the functions that mysql has that postgre does not.

> I think it would be wasted effort.  I would rather the developers focus on
> PostgreSQL, not MySQL, or Access, or whatever.

I agree that the key developers shouldn't spend much time on such a
thing, but on the other hand this isn't a project that requires a key
developer to get done.  If Matthew or someone else feels like spending
time on it, I wouldn't object...