Re: Something fishy happening on frogmouth

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Something fishy happening on frogmouth
Дата
Re: Something fishy happening on frogmouth  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> If I'm reading this correctly, the last three runs on frogmouth have
> all failed, and all of them have failed with a complaint about,
> specifically, Global/PostgreSQL.851401618.  Now, that really shouldn't
> be happening, because the code to choose that number looks like this:

>         dsm_control_handle = random();

Isn't this complaining about the main shm segment, not a DSM extension?

Also, why is the error "not enough space", rather than something about
a collision?  And if this is the explanation, why didn't the previous
runs probing for allowable shmem size fail?

BTW, regardless of the specific properties of random(), surely you ought
to have code in there that would cope with a name collision.