Re: Cause of "can't wait without a PROC structure"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cause of "can't wait without a PROC structure"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I said:
> The ordering of these shutdown hooks is the reverse of the ordering
> of the startup initialization of the modules.  It looks like we'll
> need to rejigger the startup ordering ... and it also looks like that's
> going to be a rather ticklish issue.  (See comments in BaseInit and
> InitPostgres.)  Any thoughts on how to do it?

I eventually decided that the most reasonable solution was to leave the
startup sequence alone, and fold the ProcKill and
ShutdownBufferPoolAccess shutdown hooks together.  This is a little ugly
but it seems to beat the alternatives.  ShutdownBufferPoolAccess was
effectively assuming that LWLockReleaseAll was called just before it,
so the two modules aren't really independent anyway.