Re: pg_ctl restart bug

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_ctl restart bug
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Unless someone can show me a way to extract the command line options out
> of the opts file while preserving whitespace in them, I'm going to
> eliminate the quotes being put out.

Won't work if any of the options contain whitespace, which is quite
probable.  For example, my postmaster.opts currently contains

/home/postgres/testversion/bin/postmaster '-i' '-o' '-F -S 5120'

Removing the quotes will certainly break this.  We need to find a
smarter way for the script to parse the file contents.