Shouldn't we be using openlog's LOG_NOWAIT option?

От Tom Lane
Тема Shouldn't we be using openlog's LOG_NOWAIT option?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
In the Single Unix Spec man page for syslog, I read

LOG_NOWAIT        Do not wait for child processes that may have been created during the course of logging the message.
     This option should be used by processes that enable notification of child termination using SIGCHLD,        since
syslog()may otherwise block waiting for a child whose exit status has already been collected.

Well, the postmaster certainly enables SIGCHLD, so it seems pretty
dangerous that we don't use this option ...