Re: Question on TRUNCATE privleges

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Question on TRUNCATE privleges
Дата
Re: Question on TRUNCATE privleges  ("Keith Worthington" <keithw@narrowpathinc.com>)
Список pgsql-novice
> Uh, that seems like it adds extra complexity just for this single case.

Yeah.  I've dropped the idea personally -- the suggestion that the table
owner can provide a SECURITY DEFINER procedure to do the TRUNCATE if he
wants to allow others to do it seems to me to cover the problem.

> Why don't we allow TRUNCATE by non-owners only if no triggers are
> defined, and if they are defined, we throw an error and mention it is
> because triggers/contraints exist?

I don't think we should put weird special cases in the rights checking
to allow this -- that's usually a recipe for introducing unintended
security holes.

Сообщение: Re: Question on TRUNCATE privleges
Сообщение: Re: Question on TRUNCATE privleges