Re: A bug with ALTER TABLE SET WITHOUT OIDS in CVS HEAD

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: A bug with ALTER TABLE SET WITHOUT OIDS in CVS HEAD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> writes:
> In my understanding, the matter comes from the mixture of two kind of
> tuples. The one has object identifier, and the other don't have.
> It seems to me the current implementation assumes fetched tuples have
> proper rowtype which matches to the current table definition, however,
> the ALTER TABLE can break this assumption.

Right.  And the way to fix that is to fix ALTER TABLE to not break the
assumption.  Otherwise we'll be putting band-aids in different parts
of the system for years to come.  As I said when the point came up
originally, there is no reason to assume that this is a problem that
affects only one or two places.