Are Windows filesystem bufferring bypassed?

От Peter Kovacs
Тема Are Windows filesystem bufferring bypassed?
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Hallo,

I was wondering whether write operations are implemented under Cygwin with
the WRITE_THROUGH option to FileOpen(...). (I am not sure I correctly remember
the Windows terms, but what I think of is the Windows equivalent of the
O_SYNC option to open(...) in Unices.) What I am really concerned about is
whether committed transactions are guaranteed to be effectively written to
persistent store under the Cygwin implementation by bypassing Windows filesystem
bufferring, so that an operating system crash will leave the database (including
the redo log file) in a consistent state.

Thank you for answer.

Peter