Re: adding strndup

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: adding strndup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> I think this should be pretty uncontroversial, but wanted to give a
>> heads-up outside that thread.  I attach the patch here for completeness.

> I'd just provide pnstrdup() in the frontend, without adding strndup().

+1 --- seems like a bunch more mechanism than is warranted.  Let's
just open-code it in pnstrdup.  We can rely on strnlen, since that's
already supported, and there's not much more there beyond that.

> I also see no point in adding both pnstrdup() and pg_strndup(). I'm fine
> with moving towards pg_strndup(), but then we just ought to remove
> pnstrdup().

There's a fair number of uses of pnstrdup in the backend.  While it
wouldn't be too painful to rename them, I'm not sure I see the point.
(What I'd really argue for, if we did rename, is "pstrndup".)