Re: "make check" fails over NFS or tmpfs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "make check" fails over NFS or tmpfs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
SODA Noriyuki <soda@sra.co.jp> writes:
> We've encountered failures of "make check", when we put PostgreSQL
> data directory on a NFS filesystem or a tmpfs filesystem.
> It doesn't always fail, but fails occasionally.

Is the NFS filesystem mounted fail-soft?

As a rule, database people will tell you to just go away if you
admit to running a database over NFS.  Its idea of reliability
is at least an order of magnitude worse than what we consider
acceptable.  But hard mounting helps.