Re: [GENERAL] "Hash index" vs. "b-tree index" (PostgreSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] "Hash index" vs. "b-tree index" (PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Mischa Sandberg <mischa.sandberg@telus.net> writes:
> The PG hash join is the simplest possible: build a hash table in memory,
> and match an input stream against it.

> *Hybrid hash* is where you spill the hash to disk in a well-designed
> way. Instead of thinking of it as building a hash table in memory, think
> of it as partitioning one input; if some or all of it fits in memory,
> all the better. The boundary condition is the same.

[ raised eyebrow... ]  Apparently you've not read the code.  It's been
hybrid hashjoin since we got it from Berkeley.  Probably not the best
possible implementation of the concept, but we do understand about spill
to disk.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] "Hash index" vs. "b-tree index" (PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] "Hash index" vs. "b-tree index" (PostgreSQL