Re: postgre vs MySQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgre vs MySQL
Дата
Re: postgre vs MySQL
Список pgsql-general
"Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej.groups@gmail.com> writes:
> On 14/03/2008, rrahul <rahul.rathi@cognizant.com> wrote:
>> I see Mysql bosting for Google,Yahoo, Alcatel......
>> What about Postgres the list is not that impressive.

> What then?  Could it be marketing or the sad results of a avalanche
> effect? Geee, there's a thought.

Marketing.  Remember that MySQL AB have a strong financial incentive to
make organized efforts to locate and publicize impressive-sounding users
of MySQL. (I've heard rumors they even give licensing discounts to
companies that will let their names be used like that.)

There is no comparable effort happening on the Postgres side.  There are
plenty of impressive users of PG too, but they don't have to talk about
it.