Re: stand-alone composite types patch (was [HACKERS] Proposal: stand-alone composite types)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: stand-alone composite types patch (was [HACKERS] Proposal: stand-alone composite types)
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> Shouldn't "integer" be recognized as a valid type?
>> Not when double-quoted; you are being overzealous about quoting.

> I figured that out (new patch works "correctly"), but it does seem
> inconsistent:

Would you expect "point[]" and point[] to be the same?

The actual type name is int4.  int4 and "int4" act the same.  Aliases
like int and integer are special keywords and so are not recognized
when quoted.