broken comment justification logic in new pgindent

От Tom Lane
Тема broken comment justification logic in new pgindent
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I'm noticing that the latest pgindent run has frequently rejustified
block comments to end in column 80 or 81, causing them to wrap in an
ugly way (at least in emacs).  I thought the agreement was to limit
lines to 79 chars max?

For one example see lines 475 ff in /src/backend/access/nbtree/nbtpage.c
--- the first lines of two successive paragraphs in the comment have
been made too long, which they were not before.

I'm not sure about this offhand, but I think that all the cases I've
seen have involved first lines of paragraphs inside block comments.