Re: Draft release notes complete

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Draft release notes complete
Дата
Re: Draft release notes complete  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> It's been said elsewhere that adding all this to the release notes as
>> found on the official docs would be too bulky.  How about having a
>> second copy of the release notes that contains authorship info as
>> proposed by Andrew?  Then the docs could have no names at all, and
>> credit would be given by some other page in the website (to which the
>> release notes would link).

> Personally, I'd love to have something really simple, with just 3 sections:

> "Contributors to PostgreSQL 9.2"

> (1) Specific Patch Contributors
>     patch, original (co) author name

> (2) Patch reviewers
>     list without specific patch affiliation

> (3) Other Contributors to this release
>     anyone who contributed but isn't mentioned above

> I think if we get any more complicated, this is going to become a major
> chore for someone, and then it won't get done.

The other problem with such an approach is that section (1) would be
extremely duplicative of the main release-notes text.  How about a
hybrid: we continue to identify patch authors as now, that is with names
attached to the feature/bugfix descriptions, and then have a separate
section "Other Contributors" to recognize patch reviewers and other
helpers?

Сообщение: Re: Draft release notes complete
Сообщение: Re: Draft release notes complete