Re: [HACKERS] Function to move the position of a replication slot

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Function to move the position of a replication slot
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2017-08-16 12:24:11 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> On 5/4/17 08:05, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> PFA a patch that adds a new function, pg_move_replication_slot, that
>>> makes it possible to move the location of a replication slot without
>>> actually consuming all the WAL on it.

>> The name keeps confusing me.  I understand "move" to be "rename" or
>> possibly "move it elsewhere", but not "move around in".  I understand
>> that there is an analogy with FETCH/MOVE in cursors, but it's still
>> confusing.

> pg_forward_replication_slot()?

If I understand what this is meant to do, maybe better
pg_move_replication_slot_lsn() or pg_change_replication_slot_lsn() ?
The point being that you're adjusting the LSN pointer contained
in the slot, which is distinct from the slot itself.