Re: cannot drop user

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: cannot drop user
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca> writes:
> I've dropped a db and now I'm trying to drop the user that owns all of it, but
> I can't.

> dropdb: database removal failed: ERROR:  database "tugdb" does not exist
> [2014-10-28 13:23:40,462] INFO:Dropping user...
> dropuser: removal of role "tugdbuser" failed: ERROR:  role "tugdbuser" cannot
> be dropped because some objects depend on it
> DETAIL:  owner of table taps
> owner of table siptrunks
> ... etc

> The tugdb database is gone but these artifacts are all from it. How is that
> possible if the db is gone?

Those DETAIL lines are complaining about objects that are in the database
you're currently attached to; the details about object names and so on
would not be available otherwise.  So I suspect at some point you
accidentally loaded a pg_dump script or suchlike into some other database
besides the tugdb one ...

DROP OWNED BY might be the easiest way to clean up the mess.