Re: Setting a FK to look at only selected rows in the 'look-up' table...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Setting a FK to look at only selected rows in the 'look-up' table...
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Sean Davis" <sdavis2@mail.nih.gov> writes:
> On Dec 28, 2007 7:01 PM, Greg Cocks <gcocks@stoller.com> wrote:
>> I would like to restrict the foreign key for d_borehole.depth_unit to be
>> only those values in r_unit.unit_id where r_unit.unit_length = 'length' (
>> i.e., so that only applicable 'length' units can be utilized for the
>> depths (feet, metres, inches, etc))

> This cannot be done with foreign keys I don't think.

Maybe I missed something, but couldn't a two-column foreign key
constraint on (value, unit) be made to serve the purpose?

Сообщение: Re: Setting a FK to look at only selected rows in the 'look-up' table...
Сообщение: Re: Setting a FK to look at only selected rows in the 'look-up' table...