Problems with the Windows 8.4.1 upgrade from 8.3 on non-C drive

От dtrobert
Тема Problems with the Windows 8.4.1 upgrade from 8.3 on non-C drive
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
We have tried this at least with Windows 2008 64-bit server and the problem
is very reproducible (multiple systems):

1. Install 8.3 on some non-C drive (say E:\)
2. Run the 8.4.1 installer to upgrade this install
> it appears that the 8.4.1 doesn't realize 8.3 is even installed

Result: Installation fails with a permission problem. It seems certain files
from 8.3 are not able to be deleted. When I manually try to delete them,
even with the Administrator user, it fails. I ultimately needed to take
ownership and then give Full Control before I was allowed to delete them.

There is no problem with this upgrade on the C:\ drive.

Thanks