Re: BUG #1088: Name resolution connecting to a database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #1088: Name resolution connecting to a database
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org> writes:
> trying to connect to the server with domain name
> takes long time, here an example:
> but every thing works fine if I use the IP address:

There's something wrong with your DNS setup.  You'll probably find that
the same delay occurs with any program that tries to resolve a host name
(if in doubt, try "nslookup server").

I'd bet that your /etc/resolv.conf is pointing at a dead nameserver.