Re: Datetime patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Datetime patch
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
>> INSERT INTO TIMESTAMP_TBL VALUES ('97/02/10 17:32:01 UTC');
>> + ERROR:  Bad timestamp external representation '97/02/10 17:32:01 UTC'

> Again, this one should fail.

It should?  I think you're gonna have a lot of unhappy users if there's
no way to persuade Postgres to take that.  This is the same point we
were discussing on the phone earlier.

It might be that the cleanest way to do things is to extend the
input-side DateStyle to a three-way switch, "US" (accept mm/dd/yy)
"Euro" (accept dd/mm/yy) and a third case that accepts yy/mm/dd.
But I do not believe we can get away with deciding that common date
formats aren't common.