Re: [PERFORM] BUG #4919: CREATE USER command slows down system performance

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [PERFORM] BUG #4919: CREATE USER command slows down system performance
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> In some sense this is a bootstrap problem: what does it take to get to
>> the point of being able to read pg_database and its indexes?  That is
>> necessarily not dependent on the particular database we want to join.
>> Maybe we could solve it by having the relcache write a "global" cache
>> file containing only entries for the global tables, and load that before
>> we have identified the database we want to join (after which, we'll load
>> another cache file for the local entries).

> This sounds good, because autovacuum could probably use this too.

Maybe I'll look at this after commitfest is over.  I haven't messed
with the bootstrap sequence in awhile, but I used to remember how
it worked ...

As far as AV is concerned, taking this approach would likely mean
turning the launcher into a full-fledged backend just like the workers.
Do you see any problem with that?

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] BUG #4919: CREATE USER command slows down system performance
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] BUG #4919: CREATE USER command slows down system performance