Re: Need efficient way to do comparison with NULL as an option

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Need efficient way to do comparison with NULL as an option
Дата
Re: Need efficient way to do comparison with NULL as an option  ("D. Dante Lorenso" <dante@lorenso.com>)
Список pgsql-general
"D. Dante Lorenso" <dante@lorenso.com> writes:
> I'm looking for an operator that will compare NULL with NULL and
> evaluate as TRUE.

regression=# select null IS NOT DISTINCT FROM 42;
 ?column?
----------
(1 row)

regression=# select null IS NOT DISTINCT FROM null;
 ?column?
(1 row)

However, if you're expecting this to be real efficient (like, use an
index), you're out of luck ...

> If the value I'm comparing is 0, I want it to match the NULL values.

[ raised eyebrow... ]  Sir, you need to rethink your data
representation.

Сообщение: Re: Need efficient way to do comparison with NULL as an option
Сообщение: Re: Need efficient way to do comparison with NULL as an option