Re: pg_upgrade and extra_float_digits

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and extra_float_digits
Дата
Re: pg_upgrade and extra_float_digits  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> It's going to require some fancy dancing to get the buildfarm to do it.
>> Each buildfarm run is for a specific branch, and all the built artefacts
>> are normally thrown away.

> Uh, that is not actually a problem.  You just need to set
> extra_float_digits=-3 to create the dump file, which is only done once
> for each major version.

Wrong.  In the first place, we're not going to start carrying something
as large as a pg_dump of the regression database as part of the source
code for the buildfarm.  Even if we wanted to, it wouldn't work because
the results aren't platform-independent --- there are float differences
and probably row ordering differences to worry about.  In the second
place, it won't "only be done once", unless you imagine that we never
change the regression tests for back branches; a casual perusal of the
CVS logs will disprove that idea.

The only thing that's really going to work here is to generate the dump
on the fly.