Re: statement_timeout vs DECLARE CURSOR

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: statement_timeout vs DECLARE CURSOR
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> writes:
>> On Sep 27, 2021, at 10:42, Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:
>> We've encountered some unexpected behavior with statement_timeout not cancelling a query in DECLARE CURSOR, but only
ifthe DECLARE CURSOR is outside of a transaction:

> A bit more poking revealed the reason: The ON HOLD cursor's query is executed at commit time (which is, logically,
notinterruptible), but that's all wrapped in the single statement outside of a transaction.

Hmm ... seems like a bit of a UX failure.  I wonder why we don't persist
such cursors before we get into the uninterruptible part of COMMIT.

От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: statement_timeout vs DECLARE CURSOR
От: Raymond Brinzer
Сообщение: Nested Schemata, in a Standard-Compliant Way?