Re: temp tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: temp tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
James Mansion <james@mansionfamily.plus.com> writes:
> Do CREATE TEMP TABLE table have any special treatment regarding eliding
> sync operations

Yes; neither fsync nor WAL-writing is done for temp tables.

> or deferring creation of disk files in the case where memory pressure
> does not require a spill?

No.  The trouble with doing something like that is we might be forced to
report an out-of-disk-space failure at some quite unintuitive point,
like during a SELECT.

Сообщение: Re: Recomendations on raid controllers raid 1+0
Сообщение: Re: Recomendations on raid controllers raid 1+0