Re: Database size Vs performance degradation

От Valentin Bogdanov
Тема Re: Database size Vs performance degradation
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I am guessing that you are using DELETE to remove the 75,000 unimportant.
Change your batch job to CREATE a new table consisting only of the 5,000 important. You can use "CREATE TABLE
table_nameAS select_statement" command. Then drop the old table. After that you can use ALTER TABLE to change the name
ofthe new table to that of the old one.

I am not an expert but if this is a viable solution for you then I think doing it this way will rid you of your
bloatingproblem.

Regards,
Val