Re: wrong current schema in Search Objects dialog box

От J.F. Oster
Тема Re: wrong current schema in Search Objects dialog box
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hello,

Monday, June 16, 2014, 11:58:28 AM, Dave Page wrote:

DP> Do you have a few minutes to look at this please?

Sure!

DP> On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Dmitriy Olshevskiy <olshevskiy87@bk.ru> wrote:

>> I applied this patch
>> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin3.git;a=commitdiff;h=010e38cdd4991feaf2e757e803d330dc6c5bdba6
>> and found that current schema is determined incorrectly when I select such
>> objects as Constraints, Indexes, Rules or Triggers (parts of any Table).
>> In this case combo-box contains item named "Current Schema (<table_name>)"
>> instead of "Current Schema (<schema_name>)".
>> Maybe here must be an additional check for an object's type (in first
>> condition) or there is a bug in the definition of schemas for object tree?

Dmitry, thanks for testing and reporting!
A surprise for me but really, GetSchema() for collections of indexes,
rules, constraints and triggers returns not <schema_name>, but
<table_name>. Some lines of code like
 collection->GetSchema()->GetSchema()
speak well for a design consideration, not a bug.

Dave, please see the attached patch to workaround that.
It also includes minor fixes:
 - Extend ORDER BY over 3-rd column (path)
 - Dedublicate objects in results grid that have a match in several
 search modes simultaneously.

--
Best regards,
 J.F.