Re: Is it possible to call Postgres directly?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is it possible to call Postgres directly?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
<david@andl.org> writes:
> I would like to be able to execute SQL queries by a direct call into
> Postgres, without going through either (1) the language call handler or (2)
> a 'wire' protocol.

What would you consider to be "directly"?  What advantage would you
hope to gain from a different API?

FWIW, it seems unlikely to me that we would consider anything much
lower-level than SPI to be an officially-supported query interface.
You could no doubt run a query by calling assorted backend functions
directly from a PL implementation, but it would be mostly on your
own head whether that worked and kept working across releases.

Сообщение: Is it possible to call Postgres directly?