Re: difficulty building PostgreSQL with PHP4?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: difficulty building PostgreSQL with PHP4?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Phil Glatz <phil@glatz.com> writes:
> The error log displays:
> (null): Undefined symbol "_PQsetdbLogin" called from
> httpd:/com/apache/libexec/libphp4.so at 0x8256498

This looks like some sort of shared-library link problem.  The situation
probably is that you have a DSO containing the PHP pgsql interface
module, which is loaded by PHP on demand, and which in turn calls the
libpq shared library --- so that DSO also has to be loaded to get the
whole thing to work.  A lot of shared-lib dynamic loaders are pretty
unforgiving when it comes to handling indirect shared library
dependencies like this.  I am not sure just how to fix it on FreeBSD
(any FreeBSDers out there?).  But if you can't find a proper fix,
a workaround would be to link libpq.a into the PHP interface module DSO
so that there's only one level of DSO to resolve, not two.