Re: 7.0.2 cuts off attribute name

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.0.2 cuts off attribute name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> "G. Anthony Reina" <reina@nsi.edu> writes:
>> I tried changing NAMEDATALEN in the postgres_ext.h to 52. Everything compiled
>> and installed fine, but the initdb failed. Maybe there is more to it than
>> just changing that one constant.

> Hmm, AFAIK that's supposed to work.  I'll give it a try sometime ---
> maybe some dependency has snuck in somewhere.

I built current sources with NAMEDATALEN = 52 and didn't see any
problem.  Regression tests all passed except for a couple of differences
in the 'name' test --- not too surprising since it was checking for
truncation of names at 31 chars...

You may not have done the build properly.  Usually on a reconfiguration
the only safe way is "make clean" and "make all".  We don't have
adequate dependency info in the Makefiles to ensure a full rebuild
without "make clean".  (I think Peter E. is hoping to fix that soon,
but for now that's how you gotta do it.)