Re: commenting sql code

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: commenting sql code
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Bruno LEVEQUE <bruno.leveque@net6d.com> writes:
> In your example you must use \i and not \e

On investigation, this is actually a bug in the way \e works --- when
the file is read back into psql, it's effectively treated as a single
line, and so the comment kills more than you'd expect.  I am amused to
realize that the bug is fixed in CVS tip, as a completely unintended
consequence of the flex rewrite I just did ...

But I agree that \i not \e is the preferred way to invoke a SQL file
that already exists.  I am not sure if that's what Joe was trying to
do or not.