Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18.05.23 00:59, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Tue, 2023-05-16 at 20:23 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
>> Other than that, and I took your suggestions almost verbatim. Patch
>> attached. Thank you!
>
> Attached new patch with a typo fix and a few other edits. I plan to
> commit soon.

Some small follow-up on this patch:

Please put blank lines between

</sect3>
<sect3 ...>

etc., matching existing style.

We usually don't capitalize the collation parameters like

CREATE COLLATION mycollation1 (PROVIDER = icu, LOCALE = 'ja-JP);

elsewhere in the documentation.

Table 24.2. ICU Collation Settings should probably be sorted by key, or
at least by something.

All tables should referenced in the text, like "Table x.y shows this and
that."  (Note that a table could float to a different page in some
output formats, so just putting it into a section without some
introductory text isn't sound.)

Table 24.1. ICU Collation Levels shows punctuation as level 4, which is
only true in shifted mode, which isn't the default.  The whole business
of treating variable collation elements is getting a bit lost in this
description.  The kv option is described as "Classes of characters
ignored during comparison at level 3.", which is effectively true but
not the whole picture.