Re: [HACKERS] postmaster.pid not visible

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postmaster.pid not visible
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Decibel! <decibel@decibel.org> writes:
> Moving to -general. -hackers is for discussion about PG development.
> On Jul 16, 2008, at 1:10 AM, cinu wrote:
>> Can anyone throw light on why the postmaster.pid was not visible,

> My guess would be that something went in and removed the .pid file.

I was wondering if the postmaster was running in some other data
directory than the OP thought.  I've never heard of anything just
randomly removing a .pid file from a data directory; and it would
be extremely dangerous if that did happen, since the pidfile is the
main interlock against starting two postmasters in the same directory.