Re: Problems to be solved as soon as possible

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problems to be solved as soon as possible
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tomasz Myrta <jasiek@klaster.net> writes:
>> datatypes like DateTime. When i run those scripts in PostgreSQL of Red hat
>> Linux 7.2, they run perfectly. But when i run the same scrips in PostgreSQL
>> of Redhat Linux 9.0, it displays an error message of "data type DATETIME not
>> found."

> It looks like Postgresql problem, not a Redhat problem. Probably
> datetime is some not longer supported datatype.

Yes, "datetime" is an ancient name for what we now call by the
SQL-standard name "timestamp with time zone".

If changing to the standard name makes for too many changes in your
application code, you could use a domain as a kind of type alias:
create domain datetime as timestamp with time zone;
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: