Re: Bug #540: pg_dump a simple table can fail if other

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug #540: pg_dump a simple table can fail if other
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com> writes:
> We're going to need some additional information for this to be a
> complete report.

It doesn't really require investigation.  pg_dump pulls the entire
schema before deciding what parts of it need to be dumped; therefore
schema-level problems are likely to cause pg_dump to error out even
if that part of the schema theoretically didn't need to be examined.

I am disinclined to invest any effort in changing this, in part because
I doubt it could be changed without making it impossible to do other
things that we want to do in the near future (cf. nearby discussion
about dumping sequences associated with the target table).