Re: Better error message for a small problem with WITH RECURSIVE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Better error message for a small problem with WITH RECURSIVE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> What we can do is keep a list of "not yet parsed WITH-names" in ParseState,
>> and check through that list when about to fail for relation-not-found, and
>> issue a suitable message hinting that maybe you forgot RECURSIVE if we find
>> a match.

> Perhaps it would be sufficient to just check if we're inside a non-recursive
> WITH without bothering to check if the name matches?

Even knowing that would require most of the same changes I made to do
the full nine yards, I think.  The previous ParseState info didn't
record anything at all that would allow parserOpenTable to know that
a non-recursive WITH is being examined.