Re: Antw: Re: Patch for NetWare support

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Antw: Re: Patch for NetWare support
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
"Ross J. Reedstrom" <reedstrm@rice.edu> writes:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 12:54:22PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Should we even do that?  What is srgc[0], and why should we care whether
>> it can tell the difference between postgres and postmaster?

> Depends on how much we want Netware support. I'm assuming srgc[0] is the
> Netware equivalent of argv[0], and is being used to determine the name
> of the current executable.

Oh, oh, it's probably just a typo for argv[0].  Okay, I take back that
thought ... we do need argv[0] to work.

A system-dependent hack in the Makefiles would be at least as ugly as a
system-dependent hack in main.c, but I think I like it better because
then the startup procedure isn't any different on netware than anywhere
else.  If I understood the patch as given, people would've had to say
"postmaster -post ..." on netware; that's bad.

Сообщение: Re: Antw: Re: Patch for NetWare support
Сообщение: Re: Antw: Re: Patch for NetWare support