Re: troubble with contrib compile

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: troubble with contrib compile
Дата
Список pgsql-general
marcelo Cortez <jmdc_marcelo@yahoo.com.ar> writes:
>  i downloaded  postgres8.2.4 sources , expand and
> ./configure and install with success.
> Now i need one module from contrib directory ,
> fuzzystrmatch
>  cd /postgres/contrib/fuzzymatchstr [ ok ]
>  make
>  throws

>  make
> Makefile:15: ../../src/Makefile.global: No such file
> or directory

You seem to have removed the results of configure.  As a general rule
it's best to build the contrib modules in the same tree where you just
built the Postgres core --- they definitely need configure's outputs
and I think some of them require other files that get built along the
way.

If you are trying to match a previously built core system, be sure to
re-configure with the exact same configure options, else the contrib
modules may not work.  pg_config --configure will help refresh your
memory if you forgot what you used ...