Re: "unexpected EOF" messages

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "unexpected EOF" messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I could support that with one tweak: it's only DEBUG1 if you don't
>> have an open transaction. �Dropping the connection while in a
>> transaction *is* an application bug; I don't care how lazy the app
>> programmer is feeling.

> I agree - that would certainly be a good fix for this one. One
> question is do we want something like this:

> -                   ereport(COMMERROR,
> +                   ereport(IsTransactionState() ? COMMERROR : DEBUG1,
>                             (errcode(ERRCODE_PROTOCOL_VIOLATION),
>                              errmsg("unexpected EOF on client connection")));

> or do we want to make the text of the error message different as well,
> saying something like "unexpected EOF on client connection with an
> open transaction"?

I'd vote for different texts and different SQLSTATEs too, per other
discussion.  (I think we'd decided that ERRCODE_PROTOCOL_VIOLATION
was a bad choice anyway.)

Also, I'm afraid that the above patch probably doesn't work as-is;
won't elog.c try to send the DEBUG1 message to the client?  I think
you'll need some additional code to shut down error message output
first.  Resetting whereToSendOutput is probably sufficient.