Re: pg_upgrade and materialized views

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and materialized views
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 7:08 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Hm?  Looks to me like it iterates through all the DBs in the cluster.

> You're right. But IIUC it's called before restoring globals, so only
> postgres, template0 and template1 exist at that point.

Hmm ... there's another call later, but that one only happens for
pre-9.3 source DBs, which won't contain matviews nor partitioned tables.
So maybe it's OK but I'm not quite sure, and even if it is OK it's only
accidentally so.

Be nice if the documentation for this code weren't so relentlessly bad ---
the header comment for this function looks like it's telling you something
useful, but it isn't even close to accurate.  The comment right above the
call in prepare_new_globals() seems unrelated to anyone's version of
reality either.

Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and materialized views
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and materialized views