Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> Well, I discover there is an allocation of 8232 (inflation...) made once
> per statement by a memory context called... ExecutorState. Still not
> sure exactly which allocation this is, but its definitely once per
> statement on pgbench, which should narrow it down. Plan, query etc?

Are you working with stock sources?  The only allocation exceeding 1K
that I can see during pgbench is BTScanOpaqueData, which is 6600 bytes.
(Checked by setting a conditional breakpoint on AllocSetAlloc.)  The
path that allocates a single-chunk block is never taken at all.