Re: timestamp out of range while casting return value to function's return type

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: timestamp out of range while casting return value to function's return type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thiemo Kellner <thiemo@gelassene-pferde.biz> writes:
> I created a function that ought to return a timestamptz (another
> likewise timestamp) but calling it, I get mentionied error. What do I
> miss?

Whether that:

>          return '294277-01-01 00:59:59.999999'::timestamptz;

is in range or not depends on your timezone setting.  It would
be considered in-range in UTC+1 or further east (so that the date
wraps back to 294276AD); in or west of Greenwich, not so much.

> I tried to return a timestamp of the year 2000 to no avail.

Hardly ...