Re: Precedence of %

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Precedence of %
Дата
Re: Precedence of %  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I don't even grasp what unary modulo actually means???

At some point in the dim mists of prehistory, somebody thought it would
be cute to define prefix % as trunc() and postfix % as round().  I'm not
aware of any precedent for that; it was probably mostly an exercise in
testing out the grammar.

Now that I look, it doesn't look like these operators are documented
at all in the SGML docs, so it sure seems that removing them should be
pretty painless.