Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Дата
Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> As I mentioned in my other email, this is mainly for PostGIS, but it can
> certainly apply to other modules.  Is this what we would recommend as an
> approach for these kinds of modules?  I feel like that would give
> -hackers, or perhaps the PostGIS people, some heartburn, but maybe I'm
> wrong?

If you have an idle evening you might want to peruse all the past
threads about developing better support for modules.  This is clearly
an area where we need to improve, and it's also clear that no quick
hack is going to make it significantly better (in fact, it might make
things worse by creating extra compatibility issues when we do get
around to implementing a real solution).

The main argument against sticking stuff into pg_catalog is that
pg_dump will think it's a built-in and not dump it.  In some respects
that could be a plus, but for the most part it's a headache.

Сообщение: Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Сообщение: Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch