Re: Defining Role Privileges

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Defining Role Privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Carlos Mennens <carlos.mennens@gmail.com> writes:
> My question is do I need to specify CREATEDB & CREATEROLE if I'm
> already granting the SUPERUSER privilege?

No, not really.  The point of those options is to grant privileges to
roles that aren't superuser.

> Also when I generate a new role, is there any difference between using:
> ALTER ROLE tom ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'md5081bea17b5503506d29531af33cc6f4e';

> \password tom

Don't think so, except that in the former case you have to work out the
encrypted password by hand.  The latter is safer since the cleartext
password will not escape the psql executable.

Сообщение: Re: easy function or trigger to UPPER() all alpha data
Сообщение: Re: easy function or trigger to UPPER() all alpha data